Thursday, February 17, 2011

Monads in C#-8. Video of my DDD9 Monad talk

This is the eighth part of my Monad series. See the introduction for a list of all the posts.

You can find the code for this post on GitHub here.

Last month I gave a talk at DDD9 loosely based on this series: Monads! What are they and why should I care.

Note: The talk (and audio) starts at 6 minutes into the video.

Mike Hadlow - Monads! What are they and why should I care? - DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper 9 from Phil Winstanley on Vimeo.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Woopsie said...

Mike ...

Excellent thx very much. Your replacing of bind with linq's select was very illuminating.

Don't know if you came across this series in your travels
http://lorgonblog.wordpress.com/2007/12/02/c-3-0-lambda-and-the-first-post-of-a-series-about-monadic-parser-combinators/

Simon

Mike Hadlow said...

Hi Simon,

I hadn't seen that, thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

It seems the video has the wrong permissions or has been removed?