Sunday, November 11, 2007

An important new .NET language: LOLCODE

I've just come across this fantastic new langauge: LOLCODE. I'm probably a little too old to ever be an expert at it because it's designed specifically for people who have grown up with texting; people who can succinctly express their ideas in abbreviated form. In true Code Rant 'love of fibonacci' fashion, here's a fib sample from John Lam's blog:

HAI
CAN HAS STDIO?
I HAS A FISH ITZ "Yummy"
VISIBLE FISH
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD!"

I HAS A FIB
I HAS A A ITZ 1
I HAS A B ITZ 0

GIMMEH FIB

IM IN YR LOOP
 VISIBLE B

 IZ FIB SMALR 1?
 YARLY
   GTFO
 NOWAI
   VISIBLE "NOWAI"
 KTHX

 I HAS A TEMP ITZ A UP B
 LOL A R B
 LOL B R TEMP

 NERFZ FIB!!
KTHX
KTHXBYE

No, it's not a joke (well not entirely), this is a real .NET language written with the DLR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not so much txt spk, rather LOLCats. I find it marginally easier on the eye than VB. ;-)